Our vision is to eliminate needless waste & save the planet!
We are a family & veteran owned company striving to help families, small businesses & large businesses alike Close the Loop.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The average person creates 5lbs. of trash a day. 40% of that "trash" (about 2lbs.) is compostable.
- 40% of the waste in the landfills is food waste!
- The U.S. loses over a billion tons of top soil each year.
- Compost can begin to help us restore this vital nutrient dense soil that we need to grow healthy foods. It can also reduce the use of pesticide and commercial sprays that are being used more and more as our soil becomes sick from conventional farming practices.
- It takes nature 100 years to form 1 inch of topsoil.
- Our food is less nutrient dense today then it was before 1950 because of the creation of agrochemicals.
We seek to strengthen agricultural economies and small scale farms. We do this by connecting food waste from restaurants, businesses and homes to a network of small farmers in San Diego. The food waste is composted into soil, then goes back onto the farms to grow more nutrient dense organic food.
SOIL IS A LIVING ORGANISM!
This environmentally conscious effort reduces the waste streams to landfills and therefore reduces the waste removal costs to us all. Additionally we are reducing soil amendment costs to our farmers and Closing the Loop on our own local food system.